Our Theme: Literature Day!
- Reading: 1 Chapter of Ribsy
- Genesis 1&2 ( Egermier's p. 11)
- One Small Square p. 3-9
- My Garden by Keven Henkes
- We're Going on a Bear Hunt by Helen Oxenbury
- Poems to Read to the Very Young by Eloise Wilken
We headed outside and each picked ours square looking high, low, inside, and underneath for signs of life. We found spiders, beetles, worms, ants, we carefully pulled up some soil to observe inside our glass jar.
Pre-School/Kindergarten Literacy Activity
Our Letter of the week is "A" and our Number is "1"
- read about Albatrosses on page 91 of our DK Animal Encylopedia
- HOD finger Play for letter "A"
- Fine Motor Activity (Painters Tape Letter A to floor, have children decorate A's with Pom Poms, legos, or blocks while listening to Bible Story)
- Letter 1 Activity (I had children find "1" thing to show and tell me about)
- *Have little ones decorate the Letter "A" while watching The Letter A youtube PLAYLIST
- Fill in Notebooking Animal Profile page for one animal we found that morning
- Begin decorating divider pages (if children enjoy that sort of thing, my kids live for "art" and drawing!)